Week 9 won’t reflect a significant drop in offensive output as New England, New York Jets, San Francisco and St. Louis are on bye, with the Patriots obviously being the exception. With Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd and Gostkowski taking a week off you’ll need to scrounge to find their replacements. Here are some suggestions!
Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB Buffalo Bills (@ HOU) – Both teams are coming off their bye weeks so they should be equally rested, but Houston boasts the 5th best stats against the pass, holding opposing QB’s to 200 yards per game and 13 TDs (6 to Aaron Rodgers).
- Donald Brown, RB Indianapolis Colts (vs MIA) – Brown saw his first action in week 8 coming off his knee injury and looked pretty decent, even with Vick Ballard hawking some of his carries. Even if the Colts call him ready to take the load and take off the training wheels, he won’t find much success against the NFL’s 3rd best rushing defense who has only allowed 3 rushing TD’s this year.
- Julio Jones, WR Atlanta Falcons (vs DAL) – Always tough to bench the explosive Jones, especially a week after his monster game in Philly. But if by chance you’ve got a guy or two who can fill in for him I’d take the chance. Dallas has only allowed one WR to gain more than 10 fantasy points against them in 2012.
- Kyle Rudolph, TE Minnesota Vikings (@ SEA) – Rudolph’s start to 2012 landed him with the upper echelon of fantasy Tight Ends, but in his last 2 games he’s been non-existent. Look for that to continue this Sunday in Seattle, who has kept top TE’s such as Witten, Gronkowski and Pettigrew out of the endzone, where Rudolph holds the most value.
- Michael Vick, QB Philadelphia Eagles (@ NO) – Looks like the Eagles are giving Vick one more shot to prove he has what it takes to be their starter. Facing the worst defense in the league in New Orleans, expect a shootout and finally some meaty fantasy points from Vick.
Rashad Jennings, RB Jacksonville Jaguars (vs DET) – Jones-Drew is out for the second straight week, giving way to the more than capable Jennings who racked up over 100 total yards in Green Bay last week. Look for the same this week against the Lions who haven’t faired well against opposing RBs all year.
- Titus Young SR (@ JAC) – This years more popular pick for fantasy sleeper was Young, and until week 8 he was nothing but another name wasting away on your bench. Look for him to continue his hot streak into Jacksonville when he goes against a Jags passing defense who has given up 7 TDs to opposing receivers.
- Greg Olsen, TE Carolina Panthers (vs WAS) – Olsen has been one of the most inconsistent Tight Ends this season. He’ll go off when he’s on the bench and lay an egg when you start him (or, just me?). Washington has given up the second-most points to opposing TEs, including 2 TDs to Heath Miller in Week 8.