- Matthew Stafford QB Detroit Lions vs SEA - He continues to struggle maintaining his high draft status coming off last years great performance, and faces an extremely tough pass defense in the Seahawks.
- Shonn Greene RB New York Jets vs MIA – Coming off 2 consecutive strong games, yet left the last with a head injury. Facing a Miami defense that is very tough on the run, and limited Greene to just 5 fantasy points in week 3.
- Trent Richardson RB Cleveland Browns vs S.D. – Normally a must start, but fooled owners last week when he said his rib injury wouldn’t hamper his performance against a weak Colt defense running 8 times for 8 yards. It doesn’t look any better this week either.
- LaRod Stephens-Howling RB Arizona Cardinals vs S.F. – He may have come off a surprisingly good game last week rushing for 104 yards, but the 5′-7″ RB won’t fair as well this week vs a Niners defense thats ranked 1st against the run.
- Titus Young WR Detroit Lions vs SEA – Although he’s been ‘promoted’ due to Burleson’s injury, Young faces the same Seattle pass defense that put Stafford on this list. His one good game this season came against a poor titans defense, and it’s not the case this week.
- Vernon Davis TE San Francisco 49ers @ ARZ – Davis is another normal “must start” every week but coming off a game where he didn’t receive a single catch, and facing another tough defense that is ranked 2nd in stopping opposing Tight Ends. Davis makes his living by getting in the end zone rather than multiple catches. I don’t see either in week 8.
- Andrew Luck QB Indianapolis Colts @ TEN – The rookie had a bit of trouble last week yet was able to show off his running skills, rushing for 2 touchdowns last week. He should be able to go back to the air easily vs a Titans defense that’s giving up the 4th most fantasy points to QBs this season.
- Matt Forte RB Chicago Bears vs CAR – He was able to show his ankle isn’t a problem last week rushing for 96 yards and making sharp cuts in a Bears win. He should do some real damage vs a Panthers defense giving up an average of 120 rushing yards a game.
- Phillip Tanner RB Dallas Cowboys vs NYG – Murray has been ruled out, and Jones is banged up as usual. The last time these teams met earlier this season, the Cowboys were able to run all over the Giants. Tanner will get a lot of work here.
- Malcom Floyd WR San Diego Chargers @ CLE – This is purely matchup based. The Browns are awful against the pass, giving up the 2nd most fantasy points to WRs. I like Robert Meachem here too.
- Martellus Bennett TE New York Giants @ DAL – In their earlier matchup, Bennett was targeted multiple times catching 4/40/1 td. He’s over his leg injury and will see a repeat performance.
- Joel Dreessen TE Denver Broncos vs N.O. – Dreessen has fast become Manning’s preferred red zone target over Jacob Tamme. The Saints have yet to stop anyone’s passing offense, and is therefore a great matchup for Dreessen.